What is a Logo?
First of all lets explain what a logo is. A logo is a combination of text and visual imagery that does two things. It tells people the name of the company and it creates a visual image that represents your business. Some logos have simple, but powerful symbols. For example, when you see McDonalds golden arches you know instantly that it represents McDonalds.
The Purpose of a Logo
Logos represent the face of a company. Logos visually communicate the brand identity and what it represents. A logo invites new customers to get to know you and distinguishes you from the competition.
Why do I need One?
Having a professional looking, well designed logo builds trust. Potential customers are more likely to do business with you if you have a well designed logo.
What is a Good Logo?
There are many aspects to creating a good logo, but basically a good logo must be:
- Visually memorable
- Clear and readable even at a distance, especially the text part
- Solid colors with a palette of 3 or less colors
Using Your Logo Properly
A logo must be used accordingly. When using a logo:
- Use it consistently
- Provide guidance on different variations of the logo and where it should and shouldn’t be used.
- Specify when modifying the logo what should not be done with it
- Determine what should and should not appear near the logo
- Specify how the logo should appear in different situations
- Use simple colours – think about the different situations it will be used in
How do I get a Logo?
You can get a logo professionally designed for your business. Getting a graphic designer will help ensure that you get a good logo that you can use for many years. You can also use the logo for business cards, letterhead and marketing materials.
You don’t have to spend a fortune getting a well designed logo. Contact us to find out more.